Tuesday, March 25, 2008

95 Impala Wheels Sale

Eight O'Clock



Café con leche and toast to start the morning.
Dreams of those still sleeping.
Silence.

The clock on the wall there, not at the hours,
ticking is dumb a compass drowned
off a heart like mine.

The newspaper does not surprise me, yet my eyes

soak up every word known, expected ,
read again and again ,
and again convicted.

disgusted me bricks,
conquered land, the conspiracies
oblique,
bishops, church services,
stories,
nukes,
nuclei without pumps ,
repeated trials,
interested war,
righties, claims,
off-center.
And I keep reading and I am looking .

Maybe there are no longer looks

who can write tenderness,
caressing souls ,
to kiss and cuddled our attention
orphaned and injured ...?

hands Is there not complacent, generous
,
they serve and extend
soothing skin from the sun devoured
canoe while drifting .. . ?.

man Do not tell me their troubles well known;

tell me about hope, dreams found,
of love and smiles .

Tell me, burn it on my skin, and tell me that there is
tell me there is a place where life has conquered death
and steel.

For once,
in one place,
even once.



Wind.

(September 2006)



0 comments:

Post a Comment